Sunday, March 11, 2007

Maybe I should view Bill O'Reilly as my intellectual model - Fair & Balanced!

Last week during a nature/nurture discussion, I was asked in class about my take on the nature/nurture question surrounding homosexuality. Turns out that if I'd answered the question next year while still living in Arizona, I might face some trouble. Yowza!

The bill...would ban professors at public colleges and universities, while working, from...Advocating 'one side of a social, political, or cultural issue that is a matter of partisan controversy.'"

I can only imagine the trouble I'd get in advocating evolutionary psychology, given that evolution could easily be considered "a matter of partisan controversy." Oh, to teach biology in Arizona.

First posted at Psyche Killer qu'est que c'est on 2/19/07

No comments: